Monday, June 27, 2011

Cuisinart Yogurt Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker

Since this product has not been revised, however, I have read several comments of the Cuisinart ICE-20 Ice cream manufacturer before making my decision to purchase this product. Many comments about the ICE-20 mentioned that the ice has the consistency of soft, and some critics said was too soft. I have not found the problem with the ice cream made with this ice cream maker. I turned to my freezer at the lowest temperature and frozen container for 7 hours. I could not hear any liquid moving on the plate at the time, so I assumed it was frozen solid. I made plain vanilla ice cream recipe in the booklet that comes with the machine. After 20 minutes, the ice was nice and creamy texture. It was not as hard as ice cream filled with store-bought, so I guess you could say that consistency is served somewhere between soft and purchased in the store: firmer than soft serve, but not as strong as hard package . As reviewers of the ICE-20 has noted, if the ice freezes so solidly as the machine's hard package, which would be difficult to remove the container.

Ice cream is just wonderful. It tastes fresh and pure that outshines everything you could buy in the store. I bought it mostly because I wanted to have control of my ingredients. I want to use organic products as much as possible and I want to experiment with soy ice cream, I thought you might want to stay away from dairy products altogether.

This product was listed as the latest version of the ICE-20 as an update that improves the ICE-20 while maintaining its popular features. I do not know what the update is, but I can say in 20-25 minutes, I had really excellent ice cream which I thought was the perfect consistency. (Since publishing this review, one commentator has pointed out here that the update is a new paddle design, which reduces processing time by 25%, according to the manufacturer.) After freezing for a couple of hours I liked the firm and consistent in that, too. I was thinking how great this ice cream with hot apple pie, because it really is tasting like fresh vanilla cream. But we are a couple of months of the season apple pie! This product can not be easier to use, and I think it will pay for itself very quickly in savings on the cost of premium ice cream purchased. And it just tastes better.
Read More...

Recent Searches

No comments: